Monday, April 06, 2015

After Easter


As you can tell, I didn't get the time for a Sunday Afternoon Tea post.  Easter dinner preparations and then Easter itself flew by without a chance to sit down at the computer.  But a good time was had by all and we thoroughly enjoyed having Mr. & Mrs. Christopher here.

We have been celebrating holidays with our daughter-in-law's family but this year they were too busy to make the trip to our town.  That worked out well since I was still weak from the influenza.  Easter dinner... as with so many things... was accomplished a little at a time.

There were a handful of daffodils almost ready to bloom on Friday afternoon.  Since it was to dip to the low 20s that night, I cut all that was almost ready and put them in a vase.  I was thrilled when they were in full bloom right away.  It appears they enjoyed coming into the warmth of the house.  So there were daffodils on the buffet at Easter dinner (photo later).

We are to warm up this week so I expect all the daffodils to start popping soon.  It also means outdoors work will begin.  This year we absolutely must put up a new fence around the garden.  Am I the only one that looks at my house and lawn at times and sees everything that needs to be done with dollar signs?

I'm not complaining (much) but there is that whole 2nd law of thermodynamics thing... everything ultimately falls apart.  On that happy note, I'll say that I will see you again Wednesday or Thursday.  ;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a nice Easter with your family. That makes for such a special time. I had one daffodil bloom this year but I was so thrilled to have even that one, and it lasted several days. Glad you are feeling better. Looking forward to the next post. Blessings, Sharon D.

Vee said...

Oh I'm glad that the daffodils bloomed in time for Easter with a bit of help. Yes, I see $ everywhere I look. It makes for interesting living...even creative living. See you later this week!

Rebecca said...

I, too, look out on the yard and see not only dollar signs, but also investment of hours and energy. I had hoped to be in better condition after last year hip and knee replacements, but am aware I am still not where I need to be to keep up with the challenge! Just too big. Just too much.

Your daffodils are ahead of ours! I'm getting very eager to see the flowers. (Maybe the rain I hear falling this morning will encourage their progress....)

Heather LeFebvre said...

Glad you found some daffodils to bloom! I had bought several bunches at Trader Joe's but they died almost immediately and I was so thankful to look out back and see a whole row of my own blooming daffodils for the Easter table!

I am off to NYC tomorrow to visit a friend for nearly a week. Very much looking forward to this little break. Will post about it when I get back. It almost feels like I'm going overseas. :)

Hope you continue to improve healthwise and gain back strength. And may the spring weather continue!!!

mdoe37 said...

And I was able to scrounge together enough out of the pantry for.....

Possum Pie.

Its nice to have a bit of depth to the pantry when you change the menu of a whim. :)

sherry said...

our tulips, iris, crocus, and more have been blooming for about a month now. every day it seems a new blossom peeks out and says 'happy spring.' oh, and the roses - the roses are already blooming. it has been warm the past few weeks - well, until sunday. then yesterday a good soaking, 50 degrees, hail, thunder and lightening, and funnel clouds (in northern california no less..yes, it happens but never more than an F1 category).. spring is sprung.

sherry said...

completely forgot to share that our easter dinner was spent in our favorite chinese restaurant.. not exactly traditional. ;)

Carrie said...

I hear you on the sicknesses. I've been sick for 4 weeks now! Just taking things really slow, as you noted, because little things just wipe me out! Slow and steady wins the race, right? I hope so! :)