Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My World this Week

My world at the edge of the forest is very snowy.
As I have not written such a post since taking my annual Holiday break, this could very well be titled My World the Past Few Weeks.  But then it would confuse the Labels and one does not want to ever do that.

My world has included subzero temperatures, snow, ice, and a whole lot of soups simmering on the stove.  Hot beverages are needed to stay warm all day (coffee in the morning, tea or hot apple cider at other times of the day).  I have chatted with Victoria about how lovely is her fur coat which God provided Maine Coon kitties... and been just a tad bit envious.

Otherwise, this is what has been going on in the Frozen Tundra as seen from the lens of my camera.

Reading

Thoroughly enjoyed Sally's new book.  It made it to the #1 Best Sellers List on Amazon.  I've written a lot about it here but I have told Sally I believe it is her best book for all ages and situations in life.  Info... here.*

Loved the new Jan Karon novel, Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good, once I got into it.  I feel as if the people in Mitford are family and Father Tim is one of my all time favorite literary people.  If you enjoyed the original Mitford series, you will love this one, too.  Info... here.*

What Makes Life Worth Living is the last book written by a very favorite author, W. Phillip Keller, before he passed away in the 1990s.  I am just a few chapters into it because I savor each one and go back to read various sections.  Further info on this book is... here.*

Some may have read his more famous books such as A Shepherd Looks at the 23rd Psalm.  Definitely another sojourner in this world I long to sit with and chat in Eternity.  His Words are a Balm of Gilead to an aching soul.

Tradition
Starbucks coffee while shopping (A Gift!).

A Holiday Breakfast at Cracker Barrel (A gift!).

Morning Light




Scene From the Front Porch

Decorating by Tweaking
I put a favorite candle in the middle there and switched to the new needlework.

Here is a closeup of the new Christmas gift needlework.

Christmas on the Porch

Her Fluffiness
She is staying warm!

*All links to Amazon.com are Associate Links

18 comments:

Manuela@ A Cultivated Nest said...

Wow look at all that snow! It's been so cold here. So many days of below freezing temps. We are not used to that. But no snow yet!

The light in your home is just lovely. I love it on the spider plant!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the new post. A great blessing.

Anonymous said...

Victoria looks so cozy on the big chair. In winter we sometimes call our cat our "furry little handwarmer".

Anonymous said...

What a nice selection of pictures. Love seeing into your life! I really liked the red boots on your front porch. It all looks so nice! Pam (SD)

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Your world may be frozen outside, but inside it is full of loveliness! Good food, good books, hot drinks. What a wonderful life you have Brenda! Thank you for sharing it with us. It makes me happy to see what you're up to during these cold winter days!

Deanna

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

I loved your photos - especially the photo of the sewing machine with the little oil can! Loved that photo!
Stay warm!
Lisa :O)

Instagram.com/melissasnotes said...

Nice to see how you create your own coziness.

Unknown said...

Looks so warm and cozy even with the beautiful snow. We don't have much snow here in Western Wisconsin, just very cold! Love the pictures and thanks for the book recommendations! :) Our Maine Coon is staying warm too! Blessings...

Connie said...

It has been very cold in my neck of the woods too. So thankful for a warm home. Thanks for sharing your lovely home with us.

Anonymous said...

I know it's cold but the snow photos are so beautiful. It's wet and COLD here in East Texas but no snow. Love the pictures of your beautiful home, and the mention of soups and hot drinks. It's definitely the weather for that. Stay warm.
Blessings, Sharon D.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Just finished Jan Karon's novel also, and LOVED it! I was so excited to see that she had written another Mitford story. Love your cozy pictures, too! Especially love the one of the snow and red barn. Beautiful! -Joy

Anonymous said...

So happy to see the red barn again. I missed that!!! It is your favorite heading in my opinion. :-)
Vicky

Nanna Chel said...

Brenda, I just love the look of your snow although I doubt I would cope with it as it doesn't snow here where I live in Australia. We are in the middle of summer and it is quite warm so your snow photos cool me down a bit :-) Thanks for sharing your photos.

Annabel said...

Beautiful photos! It is lovely to see snow and I cant imagine how cold it is. Here it is summer and it never snows. We are more likely to get extreme heat than cold.
I love the sound of soups simmering and snuggling up inside.
Your front porch for Christmas looked beautiful!

I am finding your links for pantries and preparedness really helpful and week by week Im working my way through them. Many thanks! xx

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful snow!! But it pays to stay home and look out the window at our age. So far here, mostly rain here and there and we are glad of that. Snow is not every year fortunately. I do love it however. You do have a beautiful kitty too!!
Elizabeth

Debby said...

We were able to meet Jan Karon years ago in Blowing Rock NC the area her books are based on LOVE them to death!!

Cheryl said...

Brrrrr, it looks so cold, but the inside of your home is warm and inviting. I love your "my world this week" posts!